For a great way to earn extra money from home with zero investment, click below to sign up free with NEOBUX:

Sunday, November 21, 2010

SOLITUDE


Standing there,
Staring at the vast mountain,
I perceived the essence of solitude,
The sense of being far away alone.
The pale blue sky turned scarlet,
Temperature changed from warm to cold,
Purple Darkness dominated Daylight,
But still i stood there,
Me and my shadow,
All alone,
Much too alone,
Never tiring of staring at the horizon,
Watching the sun go down leisurely,
Tasting the warm glow of solitude,
Rising and tossing within me,
Threatening to outpour its brim
One fine day...


Little do men perceive what solitude is, and how far it extendeth.
For a crowd is not company, and faces are but a gallery of pictures,
and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.

- Francis Bacon

3 comments:

poetsforpeanuts said...

This is beautiful! I especially liked the quote at the end.

"But still i stood there,
Me and my shadow,
All alone,"

so many times have I sat like this... must be a poet thing. ;) Keep writing!

Gaurav said...

I like the topic you choose to write about.... Although sometimes it gets scary dark and lonely, but writing is much appreciated. ;)

Keep posting, Cheers!!!

bnew said...

is that really you sitting on that rock. Your shadow seems so slim :)